Eligibility requirements, Rules & Terms
Our eligibility requirements, rules & terms are detailed below. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- We accept Canadian and International shorts.
- Maximum film length 30 minutes (we have no minimum length).
- Films must have been made within the past three years.
- Films in languages other than English will only be accepted with English subtitles.
Rules & Terms
- The depiction of animal abuse whether real or implied is not acceptable and will lead to automatic disqualification and loss of entry fee.
- Canada Shorts has no festival premiere eligibility requirements. Shorts that have screened at other festivals are still eligible.
- Canada Shorts has no public or internet broadcast eligibility requirements. If your short has screened on Vimeo etc, it is still eligible.
- A separate entry fee is required for each submission.
- Changes to submitted films will only be accepted if accompanied by a new submission fee.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
- All selected films may be excerpted (up to 30 seconds) for publicity and promotional purposes. Stills of selected films may also be shown on the Festival website and publicity/promo material including press releases, Festival brochures and other materials.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their short.
- Canada Shorts reserves the right to update or modify these terms and policies without prior notice.
- After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically.
- Canada Shorts does not accept trailers or rough assemblies but will accept work-in-progress cuts (picture lock with temp sound, color, etc.). Please be aware Canada Shorts will not view multiple updates/versions of your film for programming consideration.